From the Guidebook:
Cecil B. DeMille rented half
of this structure, then used as a barn, as the studio
in which was made the first feature-length motion picture
in Hollywood-The Squaw Man-in 1913. Associated with Mr.
DeMille in making The Squaw Man were Samuel Goldwyn and
Jesse Lasky, Sr. Originally located at the corner of Selma
and Vine Streets, in 1927 the barn was transferred to