From the plaque:
This original San Joaquin
Valley ranch headquarters of California pioneer and cattle
baron Henry Miller (1827-1916) was established in 1873.
His farsighted planning and development in the 1870s of
a vast gravity irrigation system, and the founding of
Los Banos in 1889, provided the basis for the
present stability and wealth of this area.
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with Los Banos Parlor No. 206, Native Sons of the Golden West, August 19, 1956.