From the plaque:
This branch of San Gabriel
Mission was constructed about 1830 on the San Bernardino
Rancho. During the 1840's its buildings were used by José
del Carmen Lugo as part of his rancho grant. Later, after its
sale to the Mormons, it was occupied by Bishop Tenney
in the 1850's and by Dr. Benjamin Barton in the 1860's.
Its restoration was completed in 1937 by the Works Progress
Administration, assisted by the San Bernardino County
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the San Bernardino County Museum Association, April 24, 1960.