From the plaque:
Constructed in 1842 by Diego
Sepúlveda, nephew of Antonio María Lugo,
this is believed to be the oldest house in San Bernardino
County. The land, formerly controlled by San Gabriel Mission,
was part of the Rancho San Bernardino granted to the Lugos
in 1842. Later owners included John Brown,
Sr., James W. Waters, and the Dunlap family, it was acquired
by San Bernardino County in 1955.
Plaque placed by California State Park Commission in cooperation with the San Bernardino County Museum Association, November 23, 1958.